Need a great recipe for the holidays then this cheesecake with a golden oreo inspired crust is great for the holidays or any occasion.
This recipe takes about 6 hours and I have divided up the instructions into steps to make the baking process easier. Six hours is long but so worth the wait. It is enough for 16 servings and has 45 grams of fat with 681 calories. Ingredients are listed below:
2 packages (15.25 ounces) of vanilla sandwich cookies (Like Golden Oreo)
3 – Vanilla Beans, split lengthwise and seeds scraped; or you can use Vanilla Bean Paste
1 – Stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
4 – 8 Ounce packages of cream cheese, make sure it is soft
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup heavy cream
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING THE GOLDEN OREO CRUST
1. Lightly butter (you have 2 options)
2. Thin Cheesecake – 2 foil pans 12.75 x 10.375 x 2.562 in
3. Thick Cheesecake – 2 10in springform pans
4. Place the sandwich cookies into a plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin; or use a food processor to make the cookies finely ground
5. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, and mix with the scraped seeds of 1 vanill bean; or 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste.
6. Drizzle the crumbs with melted butter and stir to combine
7. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pans you are going to use and set aside.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE VANILLA BEAN CHEESECAKE FILLING
1. Put the 4 packages of softened cream cheese in bowl and use mixer to blend.
2. Slowly and 1 ½ cup of sugar beating for about 3 minutes making it smooth.
3. Add eggs one at a time making sure one is beat down before you add another.
4. Add the scraped seeds of 2 vanilla beans; 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean paste.
5. Add vanilla extract
6. Add sour cream
7. Add heavy cream, and beat until the mixture is blended and smooth.
Pour the smooth mixture into your golden cookie crust.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKING
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
2. Fill another pan with water place in the oven until it is steaming. The steam from the water will help keep your cheesecake moist.
3. Place the cheesecake onto the middle rack, above your boiling water.
4. Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
5. Turn the oven off and let cheesecake cool down inside the oven for 1 hour.
1. Take the cheesecake out of the oven after 1 hour.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
3. Refrigerate at least 5 hours before serving.