2 packages (15.25 ounces) of vanilla sandwich cookies (Like Golden Oreo)
3 – Vanilla Beans, split lengthwise and seeds scraped; or you can use Vanilla Bean Paste
1 – Stick of melted butter (1/2 cup)
4 – 8 Ounce packages of cream cheese, make sure it is soft
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup heavy cream
Please Note: This recipe has two parts to it the crust and then the cheesecake
Instructions for the Crust
1. Lightly butter (you have 2 options)
2. Thin Cheesecake – 2 foil pans 12.75 x 10.375 x 2.562 in
3. Thick Cheesecake – 2 10in springform pans
4. Place the sandwich cookies into a plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin; or use a food processor to make the cookies finely ground
5. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, and mix with the scraped seeds of 1 vanill bean; or 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste.
6. Drizzle the crumbs with melted butter and stir to combine
7. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pans you are going to use and set aside.
Instructions for the Cheesecake
1. Put the 4 packages of softened cream cheese in bowl and use mixer to blend.
2. Slowly and 1 ½ cup of sugar beating for about 3 minutes making it smooth.
3. Add eggs one at a time making sure one is beat down before you add another.
4. Add the scraped seeds of 2 vanilla beans; 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean paste.
5. Add vanilla extract
6. Add sour cream
7. Add heavy cream, and beat until the mixture is blended and smooth.
8. Pour the smooth mixture into your golden cookie crust.